Create a snowflake
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Jilly, Pauline

Most users ever online was 60 on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 3:32 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Sensual Posers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Sensual Posers on your social bookmarking website

Like/Tweet/+1
Vote For Us

Copyright Questions Answered by Raq from Copyright Corner

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copyright Questions Answered by Raq from Copyright Corner

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:50 am

Raqual from Copyright Corner has kindly offered to answer questions about copyright laws and the importance of getting copyrights spot on.

So ladies, post all your copyright questions in here.

Please remember, no question is a silly question, just one you don't know the answer to yet.

Last edited by Emma on Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

http://sensualposers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright Questions Answered by Raq from Copyright Corner

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:51 am

Why do we need copyrights anyway?
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:55 am

What would happen if the artist or someone representing the artist found out we were not using their correct copyright?
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:55 am

I can't seem to keep my copyrights in order, what could I do to prevent getting mixed up in the future?
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Jilly on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:09 am

What could happen if I mistakingly credit a tube to the wrong artist, post it and don`t notice?

Last edited by Jilly on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jilly
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:11 am

If I don't know the copyright or the artist where can I go to find out info?
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:21 am

Thank you Raq for this lovely offer! I am a fan from CC! Thanks for the help, Kathyfrances

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:45 am

:affraid:Geez hit me right off the bat LMAO...thankyou for this opportunity Emma...I sure hope i can help...but please remember i am self taught...i'm not a lawyer and don't have any legal background ok...My knowledge comes from years and years of studying the artists and reading tou and searching google.I'll do my very best to help you all ok

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:50 am

Thank you so much sweetie xx. You are really helping us out especially with some of our members who don't quite grasp the use of copyrights etc....and yes that includes me at times xx
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:52 am

1/ Why do we need copyrights anyway?

It is a form of respect.Artists put many hours,days,weeks worth of effort into every piece they draw and it's upto us to show the respect they deserve.They don't have to allow us to use thier work...it is a privilege for us to be allowed to use it so something as simple as putting the artists name and url on tags should be as natural as adding a mask or glitter or a pretty bow.

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:59 am

2/ What would happen if the artist or someone representing the artist found out we were not using their correct copyright?

Generally this is dealt with quietly and with the least amount fuss possible.It usually starts with the legal rep contacting the offender with a polite request to adjust thier credit or to delete the tag if it's not possible.

They might point out the artists TOU and make sure the offender is aware of the correct credit.If the offender is agreeable and follows the request with out fuss then that will be the end of it...But if the offender is being difficult and rude then the legal rep will take things further...possibly a desist order...removal of licence if it's a PTU artist...it could even go as far as the offender being taken to court for breach of copyright.

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

3/ I can't seem to keep my copyrights in order, what could I do to prevent getting mixed up in the future?

This can be tricky but if you do it correctly from the start then it can be easy.Here is how i do this.

In my DOCS i have a folder called PTU TUBES.Inside that folder i have a folder for each company.Inside each of the company folders i have a folder for each artist.Within that companies folder i also have a word doc with the tou for that company.Within the artists own folders i have thier personal TOU's and a PSP file with the artists name,url and my licence number.So all i need to do is open that psp file and paste as a new layer onto my tag and i have the credit done.

If an artist leaves a company i just make him/her a new folder in the new companies folder.

Let's use Ismael Rac as an example since he has been around a bit.

He started with AMI...so i have a folder for him in my AMI folder.

They closed and he went to MPT so i have a folder for him in my MPT folder.

He left MPT to open his own store so i have a folder in my PTU TUBES folder for his store.

The only time i move the artists folder from one company folder to another is if i do a licence exchange.

Does this make sense so far?

Now let's look at Garv....He started at MPT so bi had a folder for him in my MPT folder...he then moved to PTE so i made him a folder in my PTE folder...Jo and him offered us the Good faith licence exchange so i moved my Garv MPT folder across to my Garv PTE folder but still left them in thier own folder labelled GARV MPT.

Then when Jo closed PTE and Garv opened his store he once again offered the good faith licence exchange...So if i was to buy from his new store i would move all my Garvs to a new folder for his store...but i haven't yet so they remain in my PTE folder lol.

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:17 am

4/ What could happen if I mistakenly credit a tube to the wrong artist, post it and don`t notice?

This is a mistake that is quite common so don't be too worried if it happens to you ok....Once you realise what you've done you just go fix it.The easiest way to do that is make sure you save every tag you make in layers (PSP FILE) so you can just open it up and change the credit and replace the tag.If you haven't saved it in layers then you'll need to start over.I always save a blank in layers just in case cheers

But there are some who will say OH WELL TOUGH LUCK and keep using the tag...that is wrong...yes the tag has a credit on it but it's the wrong credit which is worse than no credit at all Rolling Eyes

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:18 am

Hi KathyFrances...yup i recognise ur name...I'm happy to meet a fan of CC...and i hope you will remain one♥ That's it for me for now...i gotta go to bed LOL.

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jilly on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:34 am

Sweet dreams Raq and thanks again for all your helpful advice............ It ain`t over yet sweetie lol, I`m sure we can find a few more questions for when you next pop in heehee
Jilly
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:58 am

This has been a great (& much needed) refresher course for me, thank you!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:14 pm

Some scrapkit designers ask to be credited. How would I go about doing that?
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:15 pm

What copyrights would I put on tubes created by scripts or pixel drawn?
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:10 pm

Emma I have thought about what credits do you put scarpkits....may sound silly but do they need licence numbers?
I can understand that we need to respect the artist and I've alot to learn when you see all the many differant artist and so many sites you can use...what if you see a tube that you have seen else where and then see it credited by some other artist?
How do you know which artist it belongs too?

Janet
Ɖιαмσи∂
Ɖιαмσи∂

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 5:17 am

No scrapkits don't need license numbers. Only certain artists require license numbers and they are usually with a license company or selling in their own stores.

Now as for seeing the same (or similar) tube with different copyrights on. A lot of artists use the same models and can have extremely similar poses, tubes etc. When you buy or download a tube, save that tube in a folder of the artists name and have the copyright saved in that same folder. That way you will never be confused again.

Also if in doubt visit http://www.copyrightcorner.net/forum
Emma
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 4:03 pm

Thank you for answering my questions Emma Very Happy
Janet
Ɖιαмσи∂
Ɖιαмσи∂

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:11 am

4/...If I don't know the copyright or the artist where can I go to find out info?

If you use a PTU artist just go to the store where you brought the tube...most of them have a section for the artist copyrights...with a downloadable PSP file...And most tubes comes with a copyright layer...

The easiest way to remember the copyrights for each artist is to have a watermark tube in each artists folder Smile

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

Sorry i dissapeared ladies but my mum has been here with me and tomorrow we leave to travel home...the trip should take about 5 days or so...i promise to come in and get serious with this ok Very Happy

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jilly on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:31 am

No need for apologies Raq, families come first and we are just grateful for your time and the help given so far Very Happy

Have a fantastic break, we`ll see you after you get back
Jilly
Δ∂мιи
Δ∂мιи

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:51 am

Some scrapkit designers ask to be credited. How would I go about doing that?

Ohhh this is an easy one lol..

You credit as normal for the artist then add Scrapkit by Sensual posers and the URL....no ©️ symbol though for the scrap kit ok Smile

Sweetheart1
Иɛωвιɛ
Иɛωвιɛ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum